Western Australia’s Coastal Wilderness
Coral Expeditions new voyages are a retreat to the remote and varied attractions of Australia’s coastline.
Coral Expeditions’ draws on our pioneering spirit to explore the outer edges of the Australian continent including small islands and reefs, world heritage areas, national parks and rugged shorelines.
These voyages offer true explorers the rare opportunity to visit natural destinations inaccessible to most. Enjoy intimate encounters with our endemic marine species, native animals, and seabirds. Learn about the history and geology of the land from our expert expedition guides and lecturers. And after a day exploring, enjoy warm Australian hospitality, and cuisine and wine inspired by regional Australia.
Contact our knowledgeable Reservations Team who can assist with planning your next WA Cruise expedition. Ask us about combining accommodation, car hire and touring to complete your holiday package.
Abrolhos Islands & The Coral Coast
12 nights from $9,290^ per person, twin share
- Departs Broome | 10 October 2022
Your exclusive package includes:
- 1 FREE night pre or post cruise*
- 12 night cruise aboard Coral Georgrapher in a Coral Deck Stateroom cruising from Broome or Fremantle
- All excursions and sightseeing, use of Xplorer, Zodiacs and kayaks and daily lectures and briefings
- All meals, chef-prepared on board. Selected wines, selected beers, selected spirits, juices, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner, coffee and selection of teas
- All entrance fees to National Parks and Ports
- Choice of local operator excursions at some locations
- Tips and gratuities
- Discover the fascinating history and natural wonders of the Abrolhos Islands, as you swim with friendly sea lions and snorkel over the fringing reefs
- Explore World Heritage Shark Bay with visits to Francois Peron National Park & Dirk Hartog Island, to discover the
history and abundant wildlife of this region
- Discover World-Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef with scuba diving and snorkelling from the beach at Turquoise Bay
- Discover sites of cultural significance to Indigenous Australians, including the Dampier Archipelago petroglyphs, with expert interpretation
- Learn about the coast’s maritime history, with stories of the wrecks of the Barque Stefano off Northwest Cape, the Trial near the Montebellos, and Batavia at the Abrolhos
- Birdwatch at the Muiron Islands and Montebello Islands, known for their large populations of nesting seabirds
Book with Confidence – Sail close to home with our flexible booking policies, brought to you by Coral Expeditions
- All Australian itineraries, crew and guests
- 100 passengers or less
- Proven medical protocols in place
- Sailing safely since October 2020
Coral Expeditions are now sailing again in Australia with a successful return with a series of coastal voyages exploring Tasmania, South Australia, and Australia’s West Coast. We have tested and proven our SailSAFE health protocols, and have full approvals from respective federal, state and territory government authorities due to our Australian flag and small ship classification.
Standard booking conditions, including cancellation fees, apply to bookings not disrupted by COVID 19.
Australian Hospitality at Sea
On board, you will discover a personalised style of cruising. With a maximum of 100 guests, there is no need for queues, waiting, or assigned seating. Instead, an intimate, convivial atmosphere shared with other likeminded travellers makes you feel at home.
The Australian and New Zealand crew share their passion for our destinations and the explorer’s life. Join an engine room tours, watch the chefs at work in the open galley, and chat with the Captain or officers on the bridge – they will be delighted to have your company.
The chefs, inspired by destination flavours, prepare cuisine from fresh regional produce. The wine cellars hold a curated selection of Australian wines, beers and spirits. Our guests love to mingle over drinks as the sun sets, enjoy daily educational presentations by the lecturers, participate in stargazing sessions after dark, or simply find a quiet corner on deck and enjoy the solitude.
The Expedition Experience
Explore remote locations that are hard to reach or not often touched by tourists, with shore excursions that promote environmental and cultural appreciation.
The small group sizes ensure that your experience is personal, with minimal impact on the communities and environments we visit.
Enjoy excursions or activities each day, guided by expert Expedition Leaders and lecturers who provide commentary on culture, history, and the region’s unique geology, plants and wildlife to help you connect with these special places.
The ships are built for environmentally responsible smallship cruising, with refined navigation and nimble Xplorer tenders to bring you close to remote coastlines.
Information from Coral Expeditions:
It is our priority to keep our guests and crew safe while travelling with us, and our SailSAFE Plan will ensure we operate responsibly in the new environment that COVID-19 has created.
Remote, nature-based expeditions with Australian and New Zealand crew, and small groups less than 100 guests provides a lower-risk environment. The addition of our approved SailSAFE COVID response plan, as well as our thorough pre-cruise testing model, create additional confidence when sailing with us.
Coral Expeditions have partnered with Respond Global, a specialist medical advisory agency, to assist us in developing these protocols that are among the most thorough in the world. With a focus on prevention, to target a 100% COVID free environment when we set sail, we have a three-tiered medical screening system in place before boarding. This prevention protocol is supported by on board mitigation actions and a thorough and compassionate response plan.
For current information please visit: www.coralexpeditions.com/au/about-us/sailsafe-plan/