Cocos Keeling islands is blessed with pristine gardens of soft and hard corals and an abundance of marine life. The reef surrounding the atoll is abound with sharks, turtles, dolphins, mantas and a lone dugong named Kat.
DID YOU KNOW the dive operator on Cocos is actively involved with Project Manta, a national group of dedicated manta researchers. Divers are encouraged to photograph the manta bellies their “thumbprints” to assist with identifying previously named mantas and new mantas. Photograph a new Manta and you have the naming rights.
DIVING & SNORKELLING ON COCOS KEELING ISLANDS IS ALL ABOUT …
• Visibility on most dive sites averages 20-30 metres with average year round water temperatures of 25-29 degrees.
• There is only 1 dive operator on the Islands, meaning uncrowded waters with a maximum of 10 divers at any one time.
• Over 30 regularly visited sites there is always something different to see on every dive.
• Approximately 600 species of fish call the Islands their home.
• Spectacular marine life, including sharks, turtles, pelagics, unusual hybrids, macro creatures and beautiful mammals with shark sightings on almost every dive!
• Snorkel the famous RIP at Direction Island where the ocean flows into the lagoon or snorkel off of Scout Park or Trannies Beach and you are sure to see many fish and small reef sharks cruising in the shallows.
Contact our knowledgeable reservations team on 1300 357 057 to create a tailored itinerary to Cocos Keeling Islands – or why not combine with Christmas Island!
DIVE Cocos Keeling Islands
7 nights from $3,089^ per person, twin share
- Return economy airfares including baggage
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 days car hire
- 4 days of diving – 2 boat dives per day, including tanks and weights