Christmas Island boasts some of the best scuba diving trips in Australia and has some of the longest drop-offs in the world. The island rises dramatically from the edge of the Java Trench, Indian Ocean’s deepest point. This contributes to the endless kilometres of spectacular drop-off diving with most walls being only 20 metres from the shoreline.
SCUBA DIVING & SNORKELLING
There are some diving locations in the world that offer cave diving and vibrant corals, others offer wall diving with excellent visibility and several places offer whalesharks, but Christmas Island boasts all of these and more.
DIVING & SNORKELLING ON CHRISTMAS ISLAND IS ALL ABOUT …
• Diving in some of the safest and clearest waters in the world, free from crowds and a warm 26-29degrees year round
• Getting up close and personal with majestic whalesharks -the gentle giants of the ocean (November – May) & the possibility of encountering the unknown from manta rays, to hammerhead sharks, even migrating humpback whales
• Over 60 dive sites, dotted around the island’s coastline with some of the longest drop-offs in the world
• A catacomb of sea caves waiting for you to explore
• 60km of reef and a range of dives to suit all levels of experience
• Snorkel just a few metres from shore & see over 200 species of vibrantly-coloured coral, attracting many small tropical species of fish
Contact our knowledgeable reservations team to create a tailored itinerary Christmas Island, Cocos Keeling Islands – or why not both!
DIVE Christmas Island
7 nights from $2,785^ per person, twin share
- Return economy airfares from Perth including baggage
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 days 4WD car hire
- 5 days of diving – 2 boat dives per day, including tanks and weights