Create an Itinerary
Creating the perfect travel itinerary can make your holiday a lot less stressful. A holiday itinerary allows you to know what you will be doing each day and where you will be going. Planning all of this beforehand means you will be prepared and ready for any unexpected changes.
A holiday itinerary can minimise mistakes such as missed bookings or transport while maintaining control over your trip. An itinerary gives your holiday structure, helps to save money and maximises travel time so you won’t miss any of the activities you want to do. If you’re creating your own holiday itinerary here are some tips:
- Make a wish list – List all of the places you want to visit and all of the activities you want to do while in the Kimberley. Make sure you include further information such as opening times, what you want to do/see, accessibility, what you need to bring, safety issues, cost etc.
- Make a budget – Creating a realistic budget will not only save you money but ensure that you have enough money for everything you want to see and do on your Kimberley holiday. Knowing what you will need to spend, and can spend at each place you visit helps to avoid disappointment and keeps you in control of your spending budget.
- Understand the seasons – The Kimberley has two distinct seasons, a wet season and a dry season. Most tourists visit during the dry season. During the wet season, many roads and attractions are closed, so this can interfere with your plans.
- Plan a free day – Depending on the length of your trip, have at least one day with nothing planned. This can allow flexibility, or if you missed out on something on a previous day, or maybe you’d just like a day to explore or rest.
- Don’t over commit – Be careful not to fill every day to more than you can achieve. Make sure you know how much time each activity requires, as many Kimberley adventures require a full day or more. For example, if you’re planning to visit Tunnel Creek, which is a whole-day activity, it’s unlikely that you could add any other activities to your schedule that day. It won’t be enjoyable for anyone if you have to rush through each activity to make it to the next one.
Don't Rush Your Trip to the Kimberley
Many of the attractions in the Kimberley that you will want to experience are time-consuming. Although well worth it, they often require half-day or full-day trips. So, it may be a good idea to plan only one activity on most days. You may also want to alternate the large trips such as gorges, waterfalls, rivers and other trips into the rugged Kimberley wilderness with slow days to allow time to rest and recover. This means that you will need to consider how much time you’ll need to complete your wish list, without rushing.
If organising your own itinerary seems far too overwhelming, that’s ok, the best Kimberley tours can do it all for you. All you need to do is book any of the best Kimberley tours and the itinerary is already done for you. You can relax and take in the amazing sites and experiences of the Kimberley region, knowing that it’s all organised for you.